"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 27 March 2010

My new project!

Since I have been incapacitated, I have decided to start a new project, one that I could put down and pick up easily, with no pattern to follow as such, so this is what I found

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2006/11/vintage_vertica.html

Thank you Bella Dia, for keeping me sane at this time and giving me a new project to work on!


The foundation chain was 250 chains!!  I kept a safety pin handy and "pinned" every 50 chains as I didn't fancy counting that lot in one go.  Can you imagine?  198, 199, "Yes sweetie, I am fine thanks, no I don't need anything, but thanks for asking," "oh pants,"  1, 2, 3.....

I soon realised that a DC in the USA is a TC here - silly me, so I changed from UK DC to UK TC after a couple of rows - no one will notice & I wasn't going to unpick that lot!!

Can you see the first pink, yellow and lilac rows are in DC and then from the Green I have changed to TC?


This is how far I got on it yesterday.  I sowed in the tail ends on one side, but now I have started again today and my needle is downstairs.  It's too much effor to go down there now, so it will have to wait.

I will just start another Fuschia row and see how much it grows today!

1 comment:

  1. You have made a good start. Looks like its just what you need to keep you sane during this immobile time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!