"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day #17 Granny A Day + A Crochet Class!


Granny A Day No. 17
I had to make this Granny Square this morning before I went to take a group class at

The class starts at 10am but with travelling time and time to de frost the car this morning I had to get out of the door at 9.15am.  I was there in plenty of time so I went to the Charity Shop and bought 2 x 100g balls of Red DK so that I can make some more hearts.

Anyway back to the class.
I had a new lady join today and she was very very very good for a beginner.
I could tell as soon as she made her foundation chain that she is going to be a very good crocheter as her chain was nice and neat and very even all the way along.
Her stumbling block was making the slip knot!!
We practiced this together over and over and at the end of the class we did it again. 
With 5 minutes to go I left her to practice alone and guess what - she'd got  it!

Here she is practising some of the basic stitches.
She's gone home, wondering where the 2 hours went and with homework for next week too!

Now this is one of my old pupils who has been attending this venue since the beginning back in October.  She brought a pattern in with her and as you can see she wants to make a Granny Square Waistcoat.

The squares were a little more intermediate than a normal granny square, so we went through the pattern together and she learnt Popcorn and Raised Trebles.
She can't make it next week but she assures me that the waistcoat will be ready by the following week.


Other crochet news is that I have started to make a Poncho in Aran Merino
Pictures will follow once it looks a little more like a Poncho as I have only done the neck and 2 rows so far!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to come to one of your crochet classes! I really like reading about what your students do and how they get on. Do you tell them they star in your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel, you are more than welcome to come along to a class - do you live locally? Yes, I tell them that they are on the blog and I also show them the pictures I take and get their permission to publish them first - they like to pop along and look at what I have blogged about them too! I think they are all doing brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!