"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 25 August 2013

Weekend Days 236 & 237 - Sock Blockers Home Made for FREEEEEE!!

I have updated my ETSY shop & added some fantastic new items to my ETSY Shop Shelfs



There is nothing I like better than "Grabbing a Bargain" or "Saving Money" especially when you see something for sale at an astronomical price, something that you REALLLLLLLY do need - a crafting essential that is a must have!

So in this case it's a Sock Blocker.

I went on EbaY
I went on Amazon
I was shocked by the £20 + price tag so I carried on surfing the www

I found one or two tutorials on how to make these sock blockers, but to me there was one essential thing missing - size

There were several comments left by other people regarding sizing but this was never addressed, so I needed to solve this one for myself.

I then had a light bulb moment!

Simples!

I got the following items together before I started on my new & latest invention

1. Old place mat from IKEA or similar - you could also use stiff cardboard or an old vinyl tile
2. Strong robust scissors
3. A marker pen
4. A pair of socks

Yes it was as simple as that - I got a pair of my non crocheted socks, as I didn't want marker on them (UK size 4) and put them on the place mat.


I then drew around that sock with a marker pen adding a little "hanger" shape to the top


I then cut that out & using that very shape as a template I drew around it


To make the 2nd Sock Blocker exactly the same size

I love the "hanger" bit that I added to the top as this means that it's easy to pop this on the line or hang where you have available drying hooks e.g. airing cupboard


I gave it a little wash to get the marker pen off


And TA DAH

A free pair of sock blockers!


So now, if I make a larger size e.g. Size 7 for my husband, then I will just get a pair of his socks & do the same!


 Saturday was a productive day as I spent time working on my WIP Jumper which I hope to finish today

This leaves me with a few odds & ends of Rowan Pure wool DK

So this is Saturdays & Sundays Squares


 I then wrote out my "To Do" list so that I wouldn't forget anything!!


And so far so good!

Back Blogging tomorrow & thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!