"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 25 October 2013

Day 298 - Inside Crochet Issue 47 - Bavarian Crochet Tuition

Yes the latest Issue of Inside Crochet Magazine is out today

And you will find 2, yes 2 of my patterns available fro your Crochet Hook

 Triangle Scarf


Image courtesy & (c) of Inside Crochet Magazine / Tailor Made Publishing


&

My Candy Stripe Christmas Stocking


If you can't find a copy of this FAB mag in the shops then  you can get a digi version by visiting the website here http://www.insidecrochet.co.uk/

Today I was teaching Bavarian Crochet & it was fun.

The lady I was teaching was 85 and very sprightly with her Crochet, so it was an absolutely pleasurable 2 hours

She brought along this Crochet Stitches book which she's had for 50 years!

I would love to find a copy


So back to Bavarian Crochet - Here's one I made earlier...


And here's W working away at her creation


And look at her brilliant result!


I have translated a pattern to UK from a few US versions that I have found over the years either online or in books.  I like to "improve" a pattern if I think it's needed, however small the change may be.  In this case I have added a sl st here & deleted a dc there - it could have been "errata"

This is how you start it


And then you do this...


And this...


And this...!



Until you do this....


....which gives you that "Bavarian Crochet Look"

I have found making Bavarian Crochet so therapeutic today that I did some more!


and finally - Square 298!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!