"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Sunday 15 December 2013

Crochet Sock - Tastic! Days 347 to 349

In the last year I have fallen in love with making Crochet Socks

Not in any particular order.....


These men's socks I made "blind" only having the shoe size & notes of a wide fitting

I got my husband to try them on over his socks for an idea of fit as I normally try my socks on as I crochet for a bespoke fit


 These I made with dk & made the pattern up as I went along from the knowledge I had gleaned from making previous pairs



I love the way they turned out & are so comfy too


These are made with Regia Sock yarn


And these are from my book 


They are the perfect pair for a beginner to make


One of my favourite pairs I made are these


I am wearing them today in fact & they are over 18 months old now and still wearing well


Another pair but made with Noro Sock yarn, which is great for socks


Christmas inspired me to make lots of mini Christmas Stockings, a pattern of my own design



Another pair made with Regia that I wear regularly


So comfy


And easy to wash & dry!


Hubby's Socks - yes he finally has a pair, well sort of as I am saving them for his birthday


And more cosy socks from my book which I wear to bed or in my wellies
(not the same pair!!)


My sock mania has worn off on some of my pupils....


PD made this Christmas Stocking 

&

KPK these socks below


These socks have been finished!


My notes as I design


Noro socks in the sun room

undefined -

And now for my latest pair by Claire Montgomerie
in Inside Crochet Magazine Issue 45


I added a ribbing to the top for practical reasons (welly or ugg boots which I tend to live in)
however I loved the frilly top, so I added that in afterwards


These are my favourite pair so far!




And now I have more to make as I have bought a pattern from:


Vicki Brown Designs
PRESENTS

Last but not least are 3 squares to bring my Twitter blanket up to date





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!