"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 2 January 2015

Baby Hexagon a Day 2015


Happy New Year

2015


I do hope that you all had a lovely "Festive Season" and that you are now enjoying the beginning of 2015.

Incase you missed it, my 2014 blanket was a "Triangle a Day" and here's what it looks like now that it's finished

(It does have edging on it, but it was hard to get it all into one photograph!!)


2015 is baby hexagons! It's a great way to use up your wool / yarn stash and they take minutes to make!! Perfect for beginners. Just one a day for this lovely year of crochet.


Photo: 2015 is baby hexagons! It's a great way to use up your wool / yarn stash and they take minutes to make!!  Perfect for beginners. Just one a day fir this lovely year of crochet. 

Here's the pattern.   

You can use any weight wool / yarn with the right sized hook. 

Ch4 and join with a sl St to make a ring. 

Rnd 1. Ch3 (counts as a tr)  17tr into ring. Join with a sl St to 3rd ch of 3ch. (18tr)

Rnd 2. Sl St between the posts of the tr directly next to the sl St you've just made and the next tr in rnd 1.  2ch (counts as a htr). 1tr,1ch, 1tr, 1htr all into same place.
* miss 3 tr from rnd 1.  1ch, 1htr,1tr,1ch,1tr, 1htr in same place. Rep from * around. Join with sl St to 2nd ch of 2 ch.  (6clusters)
Fasten off. Sew in ends. 

For the rest of the baby hexagons make rnd 1. In rnd 2 use the 1ch between the 2 tr  as a 1ch join to jaygo or join as you go!!

Alternatively join together this time next year!! (Not the method I'm going to use!!!). 

Please note that I have typed thus from my iPad due to festive laptop silence so I apologise if there are any errors. Please feel free to let me know and errata will be added or if you have any questions please ask away. σΎ°€
 

Here's the pattern. 

You can use any weight wool / yarn with the right sized hook. 

Ch4 and join with a sl St to make a ring. 

Rnd 1. Ch3 (counts as a tr) 17tr into ring. Join with a sl St to 3rd ch of 3ch. (18tr)

Rnd 2. Sl St between the posts of the tr directly next to the sl St you've just made and the next tr in rnd 1. 2ch (counts as a htr). 1tr,1ch, 1tr, 1htr all into same place.
* miss 3 tr from rnd 1. 1ch, 1htr,1tr,1ch,1tr, 1htr in same place. Rep from * around. Join with sl St to 2nd ch of 2 ch. (6clusters)
Fasten off. Sew in ends. 

For the rest of the baby hexagons make rnd 1. In rnd 2 use the 1ch between the 2 tr as a 1ch join to jaygo or join as you go!!

Alternatively join together this time next year!! (Not the method I'm going to use!!!). 

 I apologise if there are any errors. Please feel free to let me know and errata will be added or if you have any questions please ask away. 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful triangle blanket your crocheted! Wishing you all the best and a Happy New Year for 2015!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just found your blog. I followed you from Twitter! Love the crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,just found your blog so going to have a nosy through.I am definately going to have a go at the mini hexi,I am only a basic crochet addict but would love to learn more.Happy Hooking

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!